.... to ensure our community remains safe, inclusive, and welcoming to all who live, work, and play in our area.
Upcoming LANA and community events
- Uptown United requesting Argyle Night Market Volunteers Thursdays 7/11 – 8/29, 5:00 – 7:00 and 7:00 – 9:00 to greet and count attendees and distribute t-shirts. Sign up HERE.
- Uptown Uplifted on Saturday, July 20. Doors at 6:30 / Show at 7:00 5010 N. Sheridan (right off the Argyle Red Line). $5 suggested donation. Click HERE for more info.
- LANA meet up @ Free! Community Yoga 8:30 AM at Sheridan/Irving Park lot across from Walgreens on Irving Park by Yoga Body Elements. Immediately before July 20 LANA meeting, register HERE.
- McCutcheon FREE Legal Clinic July 17, August 7, October 2, November 6 and December 4, 2019 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM, 4865 N. Sheridan Rd – John T McCutcheon Elementary School. Call 312-423-5938 for more info.
- SUCCESS STORY: Sarah’s Circle 27th Annual “Winter Walk: a Mile in Her Shoes” raised $140,000 for women in need!! What a great turn-out!!
- Please take LANA's Alley Survey HERE.
- To join the GroupMe Phone Tree, click HERE.
- Educate yourself about potential Lake Shore Drive updates/remodels. Click HERE for full details.
- Enjoy planning community events? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help plan events like 'Wednesdays on Wilson'. We need help with initial development, making flyers, spreading the word, etc.
NEWS FROM LAKESIDE
Check out THIS ARTICLE from the Chicago Tribune outlining the efforts of Uptown, Logan Square and Rogers Park activists to have rent control on the ballot this November.