.... to ensure our community remains safe, inclusive, and welcoming to all who live, work, and play in our area.
Upcoming LANA and community events
- Uptown United requesting Argyle Night Market Volunteers Thursdays 7/11 – 8/29, 5:00 – 7:00 and 7:00 – 9:00 to greet and count attendees and distribute t-shirts. Sign up HERE.
- October 2, November 6 and December 4, 2019: McCutcheon FREE Legal Clinic from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at John T McCutcheon Elementary School (4865 N. Sheridan Rd). Call 312-423-5938 for more info.
- August 15, 22, 29: Argyle Night Market from 5 PM to 9 PM at the corner of Sheridan Rd and Argyle St
- August 17: 46th Ward Back to School Picnic for families, from 11 AM - 1 PM at Clarendon Park
- August 18: Yoga For Everybody! All Levels Welcome at 9 AM at Sunnyside Mall Uptown (1290 W Sunnyside Ave)
*Kids under 16 need a parent to attend.
- August 24: Art Block Party on Wilson 10 AM - 6 PM at Haitian American Museum of Chicago-HAMOC (4654 N Racine Ave)
- August 24: Donate Books at Bezazian from 9 AM - 12 PM to prepare for the September book sale (4925 N Magnolia Ave)
- August 31: Chicago Tiny House – Annual Fundraiser 2 PM - 9 PM at Wilson Abbey (935 W. Wilson Ave.)
- SUCCESS STORY: Sarah’s Circle 27th Annual “Winter Walk: a Mile in Her Shoes” raised $140,000 for women in need!! What a great turn-out!!
- Please take LANA's Alley Survey HERE.
- To join the GroupMe Phone Tree, click HERE.
- Educate yourself about potential Lake Shore Drive updates/remodels. Click HERE for full details.
- Enjoy planning community events? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help plan events like 'Wednesdays on Wilson'. We need help with initial development, making flyers, spreading the word, etc.
NEWS FROM LAKESIDE
Check out THIS ARTICLE from the Chicago Tribune outlining the efforts of Uptown, Logan Square and Rogers Park activists to have rent control on the ballot this November.